Welcome to R.Y.R. Community Liaison Consultants Limited.
Monica Stonham. founded this family run business in 2013. I have 25 years’ experience in Communications, Liaison and Environmental Administration. My business is based in East Anglia as a Communication & Engagement Specialist along with a team of Public Liaison Officers which provides a professional stakeholder liaison and community engagement service by building and maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders, project partners, businesses, residents, local and wider community.
Monica Stonham – Communications and Engagement Specialist
I've worked with various organisations, including the Environment Agency, Interserve Ltd, Team Van Oord, Kier Construction and Jackson Civil Engineering as a Public Liaison and Community Engagement Specialist.
I'm currently working in partnership with the Environment Agency on the Ouse Washes Section 10 works, taking the lead on all community engagement, public liaison, gaining trust and co-operation through transparency and a diverse range of communication skills. A self-motivated and enthusiastic person I enjoy working closely with the public in challenging, changing environments. I have extensive customer service expertise from both a ‘hands on’ and training perspective. An experienced liaison officer with a proven track record of problem-solving and customer care within the civil engineering, construction and housing sectors. Flexible and approachable, I use clarity and common sense to evaluate situations and provide solutions that benefit all parties. I relish public and client facing roles in which I act as an effective communicator between parties. I'm passionate, professional and committed to supporting and resolving issues for any community I work with. Client objectives are achieved through robust communications plans that clearly set out objectives, identifying risks, gaining trust by building and maintaining good relationships, and understanding local knowledge, issues, education and promotion.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of client priorities and public concerns during projects.
• Excellent people skills, leading public-sensitive teams operating in the heart of busy communities.
• Drives teams to deliver beyond client expectations to mitigate the impact on affected stakeholders.
• Regularly reports detailed progress to the client and local stakeholders to assure public confidence.
• Excels at temporary works co-ordination and sampling and testing procedures/timescales involved.
• Time Management: prioritising responsibilities, appointments and engagement activities.
• Communication skills: engaging creatively, effectively and appropriately both verbally and in writing to inform, instruct, influence and reassure all stakeholders impacted by construction activities.
• Initiative: a proven ability to think and act appropriately and autonomously without being directed.